What to expect my first class?
You will be greeted by a friendly staff member when upon entering the school. Before the class you will spend a few minutes with an Instructor going over proper etiquette and structure of the class. ( How to bow, “yes sir”, “yes ma’am”)
After the bow in, the class will have a warm-up period for approximately 7-10 minutes, then a full body stretch. Then bow out for drink and bathroom break. Then there will be a technical lesson for approximately 25 minutes. We end class with either a “mat chat” where we discuss life skills such as respect, discipline, focus, hard work, confidence and proper mind set. Some days we will end with a FUN interactive game.
- Start Times: Please arrive 15 minutes early and prepare for class. Sit quietly before class, do not distract current class.
- No Shoes on training Floor
- Bow getting on and off the mats
- Do not lean on bags or equipment
- Do not touch mirrors
- No chewing gum or jewelry
- Keep uniform clean and washed
- Courtesy and Respect must be shown to Sifu, Instructors and fellow students at all times.
- There is no talking when an Instructor is talking.
- All students should say yes sir / ma’am and no sir / ma’am.